View Additional Content In This Section
Interview Preparation Tips
- Practice your responses to typical job interview questions.
- Think of concrete examples that can highlight your skills and provide evidence of your successes.
- Prepare a list of your own questions to ask the employer.
- What do you know about Asante?
- Know the interviewer’s name and use it during the interview.
- Try to relate what you have learned about Asante when answering questions.
Dress for success.
- Plan a wardrobe that fits the organization and its culture, striving for the most professional appearance.
- It is always better to be overdressed than underdressed.
- Bring a portfolio and extra copies of your résumé.
- Bring a pen and paper for taking notes.
- Show up for the interview five to 10 minutes early.
- Drive to the location ahead of time so you know exactly where you are going and how long it takes to get there.
- Your body language says just as much about you as your answers to the interview questions.
- The more you prepare, the more confident you will be.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Listen to the entire question before you answer.
- If you do not have a skill, just state that. Don’t try to cover it up by talking and giving examples that are not relevant.
- If you do not have a particular skill, mention skills you do have that are related.
Show what you know.
- Relate what you know about Asante when answering questions.
- When discussing your career accomplishments, try to match them to what Asante is looking for and what the position requires.
- Within 24 hours of your interview, always follow up with a thank-you note (or e-mail) reiterating your interest in the position.
- If you interview with multiple people, send each one a personal thank-you note.