Environmental Sustainability at Asante
Our community is increasingly concerned about preserving our natural resources and so is Asante. Our goal is to pursue recycling and energy saving policies to the fullest extent whenever possible – from grassroots employee efforts to large-scale construction projects, we are doing our best to treat our environment with respect:
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)certified projects by the US Green Building Council are the basis of Asante's Facility Plan.
- NICU Phase I and Phase II
- Creekside Laboratory
- NICU Phase III
- the Women’s Center
- Asante Real Estate and Sustainable Planning
- Asante Physician Partners administrative offices
To learn more about LEED and their rating system, please visit: http://www.usgbc.org/leed
- Our "Go Green" Committee, comprised of Asante employees, initiates and reports on eco-friendly projects throughout our health care system.
- We provide carpooling services and incentives to our employees.
- Our environmental services departments use "Green" certified cleaning products, wherever possible.
- Asante is moving towards a paper-free environment; through the change to paperless medical records with Epic MyChart, eNewsletters, and enhanced usage of Information Systems.
- We are also reducing plastic and paper use in food service.