We welcome people of all abilities and backgrounds to apply for volunteer opportunities with Asante.
Applicants must be:
- Age 18 or older to be a volunteer
- At least 15-18 years old, for the Junior Volunteer Program
We ask that you commit to serving a minimum of six consecutive months. We are happy to accommodate a variety of schedules; however, evening and weekend volunteer shifts are the most popular, so it may take longer to receive an assignment for those shifts.
Before You Volunteer
When you are offered a volunteer position, our team will work with you to schedule some important steps before you may begin.
- General orientation
- Health Screenings
- Fitting for a volunteer uniform and badge
You must complete a health screening before you begin working with patients. It includes:
- Written documentation of vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Verbal knowledge of having had chicken pox
- Skin test screening for tuberculosis (TB)