Power of You
The primary goal of the Asante Foundation is to promote and support Asante’s mission and guiding values by generating private support and encouraging community involvement. The Foundation’s work helps to ensure that Asante can continue to meet the needs of our rapidly growing region.
Founded in 1973, the Asante Foundation has led efforts to garner community support in southern Oregon and northern California for more than 40 years. The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees who provide leadership, connectivity and oversight of our activities. We work with donors from a wide geographic area of nine counties that includes over 650,000 people. The Foundation has offices at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center and Asante Three Rivers Medical Center.
Over the years the Foundation has completed major projects that have dramatically improved the health of the communities we serve including:
- 1973 – Established as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization
- 1988 – Completed first campaign to build the Smullin Education Center
- 1988 – Became one of the first Children’s Miracle Network hospitals - one of only 170 in the United States
- 1994 – Completed the campaign to build the Francis Cheney Place and Dubs Cancer Center
- 1999 – Completed the campaign for Three Rivers Community Hospital. Established the Spears Cancer Center
- 2005 – Completed the $15 million Patient Tower and Emergency Department Campaign
- 2005 – Completed the campaign for the Family House sponsored by Grants Pass Association of Realtors
- 2011 – Completed the NICU Expansion Campaign
We develop close and trusting relationships with our donors and work to maximize the benefits of their philanthropy. This work brings the community together to support advanced services and programs that allow Asante to bring the finest healthcare available to all people in our community and beyond.