Diabetes Education Program
Diabetes doesn't have to get you down. Our goal is to teach you to manage your diabetes so you can maintain the best possible health while enjoying life.
Our Diabetes Education Program takes a comprehensive approach, including:
- individual counseling
- small group classes
- education on the disease process
- meal planning with carbohydrate counting
- home blood sugar monitoring
- intensive insulin management for "tight control"
- care for diabetes in pregnancy and preconception
- complications - acute and chronic
- exercise and health concerns
- coping with social and emotional aspects of diabetes
- A1C checks
- smoking cessation (help with quitting)
To get started with our diabetes education program, you need a doctor's referral. For more information, talk to your primary care doctor or call us at 541-789-5906, option 1.