Patient Transfer Center
at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center
or toll free at 855-789-BEDS (2337)
Improving Patient Care
The Transfer/Admit Center (TAC) streamlines admissions from the Emergency Department, outside referring physician offices, and other hospitals or healthcare facilities by providing dedicated resources to coordinate the services related to patient admission or transfer.
- Facilitate internal and external transfers/admissions*
- Assure that special patient needs are met
- Provide smoother transition for patients through the hospital
- Ensure accurate patient admission type (inpatient vs. outpatient, etc.)
- Ensure accurate admitting diagnosis documentation
- Coordinate admissions with internal hospital departments
- Improve accuracy of initial patient placement as it relates to the patient’s clinical condition and medical history.
Transfer/Admit Center Process
- A physician, clinical care provider or hospital representative calls the Transfer/Admit Center (TAC) to admit/transfer a patient to Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center.
- The TAC nurse facilitates between the referring and accepting doctor to determine a preliminary clinical evaluation.
- Admission of emergent patients accepted by a physician will be facilitated by the TAC nurse.
The TAC RN will work with the sending facility to obtain the following information:
- Clinical presentation
- Level of care required
Once a patient has been cleared by the Transfer/Admit Center, an inpatient hospital bed with the appropriate level of care will be secured.
The Transfer/Admit Center is located on the third floor of the hospital in the south building.
Transfer and Admit Center Phone Numbers
Toll free: 855-789-BEDS (2337)
*Exception: The Behavioral Health Unit, Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, Family Birth Center, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Stemis are not supported by the Transfer/Admit Center.