You want the best for your kids. We all do. At Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center’s dedicated Pediatrics Department, we’re experts at caring for young people and providing knowledge, support, and compassion for the whole family.
The Most Important Care, When You Need It
The only dedicated children’s health unit between Eugene and Redding, our Pediatrics Department is a “hospital within the hospital,” offering a full range of care for children ages one day to 16 years. We have a team of experienced pediatric physicians, nurses, therapists, and other children’s health specialists to care for your child.
We also offer comprehensive follow-up care in pediatric surgery, orthopedics, neurology, hematology, nephrology, oncology, and intermediate care. In addition, pediatric intensive care consults have been offered through the Oregon Health & Science University Telemedicine Network since 2010. Visiting specialists in cardiology, endocrinology, metabolism, nephrology, pulmonology, hemophilia, and pediatric development travel regularly to Asante Rogue Regional to care for young patients so that they don’t have to travel far from home.
Even in the hospital, we want kids to be kids. That’s why we have a kid-friendly environment that is focused on the whole family.
- Parents are encouraged to stay by their child’s side. We provide meal trays, sleeping arrangements, and rocking chairs for parents.
- All patient rooms have a refrigerator for family use.
- Age-appropriate snacks are offered to young patients.
- We offer several gaming systems and DVDs to help distract kids from their worries and focus on fun instead.
- Our Teen Room, donated by the Alicia Rose Foundation, is a haven for hospitalized teens. It is equipped with a 42-inch big-screen TV, Xbox, videos, and computers for Internet and homework.