What Is Compounding?
Compounding is the art and science of making medications from scratch or changing a medication to meet a patient's specific needs. Some reasons to choose compounding include:
- custom-tailoring a dosage to a person's unique body makeup
- changing the way a medication is taken (pill form, liquid, topical, etc.)
- adding flavors, especially for children
- eliminating dyes, preservatives or other allergens
- creating formulas that are not currently available on the medical market.
Asante Pharmacy offers compounding services for special circumstances such as:
- pain - for example, topical creams to avoid stomach upset
- hospice - for example, combining multiple medications into one for easier dosing
- sports medicine - for example, anti-inflammatory gels that include a numbing medicine
- pediatrics - special flavoring such as bubble gum or chocolate silk pie
- women's health - hormone therapy in easy-to-apply forms such as creams
- men's health - for example, testosterone replacement medication in customized doses
- dermatology - cosmetic creams, ointments and gels with or without fragrance
For more information, contact us at 541-789-5850.