Oncology Nurse Navigator/Breast Health Coordinators
At Asante we know that the cancer journey can be stressful, which is why we provide a personal guide. The breast health coordinator/cancer care navigator is a specially trained oncology nurse whose job is to ease your burden, physically and emotionally.
What can the breast health coordinator/cancer care navigator do for you?
- Help you understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Coordinate services with other healthcare providers, including surgeons, oncologists, your primary care doctor, radiation therapy oncologists, hospitalists, nurses, social workers, discharge planners, pharmacists, dietitians, physical therapists, and chaplains
- Refer you and your family to social and support services in the hospital and the community
- Advocate for you regarding financial issues
- Offer compassion and a listening ear throughout your cancer journey
Patients and their loved ones may request a visit from the breast health coordinator/cancer care navigator by giving us a call at one of the numbers below. They are generally available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Breast Health Coordinator/Cancer Care Navigator—Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center
Breast Health Coordinator/Cancer Care Navigator—Asante Three Rivers Medical Center