About this Provider
John Reid, MD, delivers skilled and compassionate care to patients with sports medicine and orthopedic injuries and conditions. He served as a US Ski Team physician for 15 years and is fellowship-trained in sports medicine. Dr. Reid is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon.
- Provides advanced surgical care for orthopedic patients
- Performs highly skilled orthopedic and sports medicine evaluations
- Offers minimally invasive options for reconstructive surgeries
- ACL reconstruction, cartilage restoration and knee arthritis surgeries
- Partial and total knee replacement surgeries
- Shoulder and rotator cuff surgeries
Teaching and Professional Positions
Dr. Reid offers a high level of expertise in the field of orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Former sports medicine fellowship and faculty program director at Taos Orthopedic Institute
- 15 years as a US Ski Team physician
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of New Mexico Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Multiple publications in sports medicine covering knee surgery, shoulder surgery, biomechanics, and cartilage research
Dr. Reid's special interests include sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, knee ligament reconstruction and preservation, cartilage restoration, as well as partial and total outpatient knee replacement.
Outside the office, he enjoys skiing, mountain biking, cooking, automobile restoration, and photography.