NRP is a course developed by the American Heart Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics to standardize health care practitioners’ knowledge and skills that are necessary to provide care for newborns who are unable to successfully transition to extrauterine life without intervention. The content presented in this program follows the 7th Edition of the “Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation.” In addition to online testing and simulation, a hands-on session will provide an engaging learning environment through use of concept review, skills review, simulation and debriefing.
Upon completion of the NRP the participant will be able to:
- Apply the concepts of neonatal resuscitation to simulated scenarios.
- Participate in simulated scenarios and debriefing, identifying opportunities for improving care.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and collaboration for an optimal neonatal resuscitation.
Within 90 days of course, the course participant is responsible for:
- Registering for the course through Asante Nursing Professional Development.
- Reviewing the NRP textbook.
- Completing Part 1 of the Learning Activities (online).
- Provider exam.
- Beginning Part 2 of the Learning Activities (online).
- Registration for an instructor-led events (hands-on session).
- Asante only offers the NRP Advanced Provider Curriculum; NRP Essentials is not facilitated at Asante at this time.
- The online exam must be completed within 90 days of the course date. You will need to provide a copy of your online exam certificate the day of the course.
- More information about the class will be given to you at the time of registration.