Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Clinic
Our infusion clinic treats COVID-19 patients who are at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19. Please call your primary care provider for a referral to receive infusion services at Asante Ashland Community Hospital.
This new therapy is appropriate for patients who meet the following criteria based on the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorizations.
Adult patients must meet all the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Body weight over 88 pounds.
- Within seven days of symptom onset.
- Confirmed COVID-19 with mild symptoms.
- Without increased O2 requirements from baseline.
- Not actively hospitalized and unlikely to require hospitalization due to COVID-19
- Not pregnant or breast feeding.
- No history of a positive SARS-CoV-2 antibody.
- Has not received SARS-CoV-2 convalescent plasma or another SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody.
Adult patients must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Age > 65 years.
- BMI > 35 kg/m2.
- CKD stage IV or above, diabetes mellitus, active cancer, solid organ transplant recipient, HIV with inadequate CD4 count, cirrhosis, sickle cell disease or humoral immunity defects (inherited, due to chemotherapy or other immunosuppressant therapy.)
- Age > 55 years with chronic lung diseases cardiovascular disease or hypertension.
Pediatric patients must meet the following criteria:
- 16 or 17 years of age or greater and one of the following:
- BMI > 85th percentile for age and gender.
- Asthma, reactive airway disease or other chronic respiratory disease that requires daily medication for control.