Diabetes Education Program
Our goal is to teach you to manage your diabetes so you can maintain the best possible health while enjoying life.
Our Diabetes Education Program takes a comprehensive approach, including:
- individual counseling
- small group classes
- education on the disease process
- meal planning with carbohydrate counting
- home blood sugar monitoring
- intensive insulin management for "tight control"
- care for diabetes in pregnancy and preconception
- complications - acute and chronic
- exercise and health concerns
- coping with social and emotional aspects of diabetes
- A1C checks
- smoking cessation
To get started with our diabetes education program, you need a doctor's referral. For information, talk to your primary care doctor or call us at 541-789-5906, option 1.