Become a Hospice Volunteer
Hospice volunteers provide much-needed companionship to dying patients and relief to family caregivers. Join us for this valuable, heartfelt and rewarding role. No experience is needed, and we provide free training.
As a hospice volunteer, you may provide a variety of services according to your talents:
- respite for family members
- emotional support
- dog therapy
- music therapy
- light housekeeping and meal preparation
- additional support to Hospice staff.
You will receive professional and thorough training to prepare you for volunteering in any area of Hospice you would like. The following subjects are covered in the training course:
- Hospice concepts / philosophies
- Role of the volunteer
- Dying and death
- Family dynamics
- Spiritual issues of the dying
- Funeral arrangements and issues
- Medical aspects of terminal illness
For more information or to apply for a Hospice volunteer position, contact our volunteer coordinator at 541-789-6859 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you to complete an application and an interview.