Pre-operative Clinic visit
Depending on your procedure and health history, the nurse might want you to meet with an anesthesia provider to help prepare you for surgery. It allows us to get all the needed tests and lab work done prior to your procedure. When you visit the Pre-Operative Clinic, please bring a list of your medications and medical records and lab results you think might apply. The following may be completed at the pre-op clinic:
- Your weight, blood pressure, pulse and temperature will be checked.
- The nurse will go over your health history and medications with you.
- You will be told what medications to take the night before and the morning of surgery.
- If needed, you will be given instructions for a bowel prep.
- You will receive pre-surgery skin cleansing instructions and supplies.
- You have the opportunity to ask questions about your procedure.