Pre-Operative Clinic visit
Depending on your procedure and health history, the nurse might want you to meet with an anesthesiologist. This visit is especially helpful in preparing you for surgery. It allows us to get all the needed tests and lab work done and for an anesthesiologist to evaluate your health status. When you visit the Pre-Operative Clinic, please bring a copy of your medication list and any medical records and labs that you feel might apply. The following items will be completed at preop clinic:
• Your weight, blood pressure, pulse and temperature will be checked.
• The nurse will go over your health history and medications with you.
• You will be told what medications to take the night before and the morning of surgery.
• If needed, you will be given instructions for a bowel prep.
• You will receive pre-surgery skin cleansing instructions and supplies.
• You will talk with an anesthesiologist and have the opportunity to ask questions.