Pre-Operative Clinic visit
Depending on your procedure and health history, the nurse might want you to meet with an anesthesia provider. This visit is especially helpful in preparing you for surgery. It allows us to get all the needed tests and lab work done prior to your procedure. When you visit the Pre-Operative Clinic, please bring a copy of your medication list and any medical records and labs that you feel might apply. The following may be completed at preop clinic:
• Your weight, blood pressure, pulse and temperature will be checked.
• The nurse will go over your health history and medications with you.
• You will be told what medications to take the night before and the morning of surgery.
• If needed, you will be given instructions for a bowel prep.
• You will receive pre-surgery skin cleansing instructions and supplies.
• You have the opportunity to ask questions about your procedure.