If you suffer from back, neck or leg pain as a result of a spine condition, or you’ve been told you may need spine surgery, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center offers you the most advanced treatment options.
Minimally-invasive spine surgery using Mazor X robotic technology can help people who are diagnosed with serious spine problems or complications that have not responded to medication, physical therapy or spinal injections. Conditions include:
- Vertebral fractures
- Traumatic spine injury
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal weakness or instability
- “Slipped disc” (Spondylolisthesis)
- Narrowing of spinal canal (Stenosis)
- Adult degenerative spinal deformity (Scoliosis, kyphosis)
How Mazor X robotic surgery works
As with other robotic surgical devices, Mazor X does not perform actual surgeries. Instead it provides neurosurgeons with information and anatomical images of the patient’s spine.
Prior to surgery, the Mazor X software system allows the neurosurgeon to create a surgical plan — a virtual 3-D blueprint of the operation — and preview it with the patient.
In the operating room using Mazor X robotic-assisted technology, the blueprint guides the neurosurgeon through the operation with more accuracy and efficiency.
The benefits of robotic spine surgery
Compared to traditional spine surgery, Mazor X robotic technology can:
- Increase surgical accuracy and help preserve surrounding healthy tissue
- Allow surgeons to more accurately place hardware during the procedure, thus lowering the risk of complications
- Reduce the risk of exposure to radiation from imaging scans
- Improve recovery time due to less time in the operating room and while under anesthesia
- Reduce pain after the surgery for a quicker return to daily activities
Ask your primary care provider if spine surgery is an option for you. Then find out how the neurosurgeons at Southern Oregon Neurosurgical & Spine Associates in Medford are using the world’s most advanced technology at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center to help people overcome serious spine conditions and injuries.